ROAD TO THE CENTENNIAL
Baehler, Joel Edward
- Organizing the ‘Living Dead’: Civil Rights in Oklahoma City and Tulsa, Oklahoma, 1954–1964. Unpublished PhD Dissertation. Stillwater, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University.
Bowens, DeAunderia N.
- Unsettled Accounts: Political Responses to Past Racial Violence in 20th Century America. Unpublished PhD Dissertation. Ann Arbor, Michigan, University of Michigan.
- Greenwood is Fading. Oklahoma Impact Magazine, (4): 3-5.
- Interpreting the Unimaginable: Memorialization in the Sooner State. Unpublished Master’s Thesis. Stillwater, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University.
- The Politics of Official Apologies. New York, NY: Cambridge University Press.
- Shades of Citizenship: Race and the Census in Modern Politics. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press.
Ogletree, Charles J.
- Tulsa Reparations: The Survivors’ Story. Boston College Third World Law Journal 24(1): 13-30.
2003 b. The Current Reparations Debate. UC Davis Law Review (36)5: 1051-1072.
- The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How our Government Segregated America. New York, NY: Liveright Publishing.
- Memory in Black and White: Commemoration and the Post-Bellum Landscape. Lanham, MD: Altamira Press.
2015 Saving St. Paul: Race, Development, and Heritage Politics in Dallas, Texas. The Black Scholar: Journal of Black Studies and Research 45 (3): 24–38.
Starzmann, Maria T. and John R. Roby
- Excavating Memory: Sites of Remembering and Forgetting. Gainesville, FL: University Press of Florida.
Trekell, Ronald L.
- History of the Tulsa Police Department, 1882- 1990. Tulsa, OK: The Department.
- The Black Child-Savers: Racial Democracy and Juvenile Justice. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press.
- Oklahoma Boy: An Autobiography. Tulsa, OK: Independently Published.
NEWS – Op-Eds/Recent Articles
“Black Wall Street: A Legacy of Success, part 2.” The Weekly Challenger, April 26, 2018.
“Black Wall Street: The African American Haven that Burned and then Rose from the Ashes.” The Ringer, June 28, 2018.
“A Group in Tulsa Hopes to Rebuild ‘Black Wall Street’, Destroyed in a Bloody 1921 Race Massacre.” CNN, January 14, 2020.
REPORTS – Meetings/Preservation/Reconciliation Efforts
“Oil Capital Historic District.” Tulsa Preservation Commission, https://tulsapreservationcommission.org/commercial_districts/oil-capital-historic-district/
Johnson, Hannibal (NCCJ Racial Reconciliation Project Consultant)
- Racial Reconciliation Project: Final Report. Tulsa, OK: National Conference for Community and Justice, Tulsa Region.
Human Rights Watch
Ogletree, Charles and McDougall, Gay J.